Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy weekend

Riley had quite a busy weekend. With my sisters both back in town, and Pam's Grandparents in from Minnesota, she had quite a few visitors. She was very excited to meet 2 of her 3 living Great-Grandparents. In addition, we were able to each hold her over the weekend. She did real well on Friday evening, and slept in my arms for nearly an hour. Then yesterday afternoon she was doing okay until she decided to rip the IV out of her arm - I had blood gushing all over the place and she made a real mess. Luckily, the nurses were all over it and it was under control quickly. Tonight, the nurse got tangled in the ventilator lines and accidentally unhooked one of the, which set off all kinds of alarms - but once again there were nurses that jumped right in and got us set right back up, all the while Riley was in Pam's arms and was just looking around trying to figure out what the commotion was all about.

No real big changes in her status - ventilator settings are down a bit, and her weight is up to 4lb 12oz. Hoping she might get off the ventilator some time this week, but no guarantee. Feedings are up to 42mL. She's still on antibiotics for the infections, and will continue to get the phenobarbital for awhile. She's looking really good, but primary focus is still on getting her to breathe on her own.

Here's a few pictures from the weekend...
Another family photo...much better than the first one I think.
A close-up from Sunday. She's really a big girl now!
Here's a great one of Mommy and baby from tonight. She's really done well with skin-to-skin holding and seems to enjoy being in Pam's arms.


  1. I'm really happy to keep up with Riley's progress and I am really excited for you that you get to hold her now. Love and prayers Patti Buser Goller Cincinnati Ohio

  2. Glad everyone got to see her this weekend....she really is growing and doing so well! So happy that you both are getting to hold her...Riley is a lucky little girl to have so many people watching over her!
    Love, Grandma Ginni