Sunday, January 24, 2010

13 pounds and some yummy peas

I know its been a whole two weeks since I posted, but not a lot has happened.  I went on my "guy's weekend" to Omaha last week with a few friends.  Pam and Riley had a good time without me but were glad to see me when I came home.  This week, Pam went to see Dr. Nichols on Monday and despite our argument against it, he wants us to continue to see Dr. Riva.  He is having Pam bring Riley by once a week for a weight check though, and last week she tipped the scales at 13lbs 2oz!  Sure makes Dr. Riva's scale look even more inaccurate.  She'll get checked again tomorrow and we hope to see more gain.  I think she is looking more "chunky" again after thinning out a bit the last few months so thats a good sign.  Nothing much said from Rainbows, other than "she's doing great."  So I guess no news is good news there. 

She has been "eating" a little bit of rice cereal by spoon the past few weeks, but Pam is now hitting her hard with solids.  This week was "peas" week, and next week will be "sweet potatoes".  She takes them pretty well, doesn't eat a whole lot but is able to get them down.  Before long she'll be snarfing down steaks like her old man!

This weekend we were out and about again.  Had Pam's mom babysit Saturday afternoon while we went and played a little winter softball, and then my mom watched Riley in the evening while we checked out Wichita's new downtown arena for the inaugural Wichita Thunder hockey game there - quite impressive!  Today we took Riley over to my parent's house all day while we helped them clean, organize, and pack stuff up.  They are putting their house up for sale and needed the kickstart to make the house look good.

Next weekend will be an exciting one for us.  Thursday after work the 4 of us (Pam, me, Riley, and Baxter) are all heading up to Manhattan.  I needed to go up there for work on Friday anyways, so thought it would be a good time to take Riley on her first road trip (and Baxter's too).  We'll stay up there through Saturday afternoon/evening after watching Makena's first basketball game (and the KU/K-State basketball game, of course).

New photos from the past two weeks:
Riley checking herself out in the mirror on her playmat.


Showing off her messy face after eating peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment